Bruce Lee Address History
- After returning to the United States in 1959 (Bruce was born in America) he lived and worked at Ruby Chow’s Restaurant, 1122 Jefferson Street, Seattle WA 98104 (at the corner of Broadway & Jefferson). The building is no longer there.
- In 1963 Bruce opened the 1st official Jun Fan Gung Fu Institute at 4750 University Way, Seattle WA 98105. He lived in the back at the same address. Taky Kimura became his senior instructor.
- Later, Bruce moved the Jun Fan Gung Fu Institute to 418 1/2 8th Avenue South, Seattle WA 98104
- Bruce attended and graduated from the Edison Technical School in 1960. It is now the Seattle Central Community College, 1701 Broadway (Broadway & Pine), Seattle WA 98122.
- Bruce performed gung fu demonstrations at Garfield High School, 400 23rd Avenue, Seattle WA 98122. This is where he met Linda.
- He also took additional courses at Franklin High School, 3013 S. Mount Baker Blvd., Seattle WA 98144.
- Bruce attended the University of Washington, 4014 University Way NE, Seattle WA 98195.
- Sometimes Bruce taught Gung Fu classes near these impressive columns on the University of Washington campus.
- Both Bruce and Brandon Lee are buried at Lakeview Cemetery, 1554 15th Avenue E., Seattle WA 98112.
- Bruce was born on November 27, 1940 at Chinese Hospital, 845 Jackson Street, San Francisco CA 91433.
- Bruce & Linda lived with James Yimm Lee (no relation) and family in the Maxwell Park area at 3039 Monticello Avenue, Oakland CA 94619.
- In 1964 Bruce opened the 2nd Jun Fan Gung Fu Institute at 4157 Broadway, Oakland CA 94611 according to a city permit completed 7/24/64. The building is no longer there but stood near where this car dealership is now located. James Yimm Lee became his senior instructor.
- In 1967 Bruce established the 3rd Jun Fan Gung Fu Institute at 628 College Street, Los Angeles CA 90012. Dan Inosanto became his senior instructor.
- Bruce lived in the Barrington Plaza apartments located at 11740 Wilshire Boulevard, Apt A-2308 Los Angeles CA 90025.
- Bruce & Linda rented several different apartments and houses before purchasing their first home in 1968. Linda states they moved four times in a two-year period.
- They lived in an apartment at 10976 Wilshire Boulevard (Wilshire & Gayley), Apartment 3, Los Angeles CA 90024 in 1966. This is now a high-rise office building.
- Bruce & Linda lived in this house at 2509 W. 115th Place, Inglewood (Hawthorne) CA 90250 in 1967.
- Bruce & Linda rented this house at 4114 Van Buren Place, Culver City CA 90232 in 1967/68.
- In 1968 Bruce & Linda purchased their first home in Bel Air CA for $47,000. The address is 2551 Roscomare, Bel Air CA 90077 and is just off Mulholland Drive.
- There have been several locations over the years for Dan Inosanto's training academy. In April 1974, Dan opened the Filipino Kali Academy at 23018 S. Normandie, Torrance CA 90710
- Today Dan Inosanto’s “Inosanto Academy of Martial Arts” is located at 13348 – 13352 Beach Avenue, Marina Del Rey, CA 90292.
- Today the home of Bruce Lee Enterprises is 1460 4th Street, Suite 210, Santa Monica CA 90401. Phone 310-451-9990. Fax 310-451-9992.
- The Bruce Lee Educational Foundation is located at 11693 San Vicente Boulevard, Suite 918, Los Angeles CA 90049.
- As a child Bruce's family lived at 218 Nathan Road, Kowloon Tong, Hong Kong
- Bruce & Linda lived at 2 Man Wan Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong.
- Bruce & Linda lived at 41 Cumberland Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong at the time of Bruce’s death in 1973. The following pictures are from that time (approximately).
Over the years Bruce's former house was bought and sold several times eventually becoming a sleazy sex motel with rooms rented by the hour. Fortunately, in 2008 the home was purchased by the Chinese government and is expected to be turned into a Bruce Lee museum.
- On July 20, 1973 Bruce was found unconscious at Betty Ting Pei’s apartment 67 Beacon Hill Road, Kowloon Tong, Hong Kong.
- Barely alive he was rushed to Queen Elizabeth Hospital, 30 Gascoigne Road, Kowloon Hong Kong where he was pronounced dead.
- Brandon was born on February 1, 1965 at East Oakland Hospital, Oakland CA.
- Brandon lived with his mom and sister Shannon in this house at 7 Lariat Lane, Rolling Hills, CA 90274.
- Brandon attended high school at Chadwick School, 26800 S. Academy Drive, Palos Verdes Peninsula CA 90274.
- Brandon graduated from Emerson College, 120 Boylston Street, Boston MA 02116-4624.
- Brandon made The Crow on the set of Carolco Studios (now EUE/Screen Gem Studios) located at 1223 N. 23rd Street, Wilmington NC 28405.
- After he was shot Brandon was rushed to the New Hanover Regional Medical Center, 2131 S. 17th Street, Wilmington NC 28401.
- After his death Brandon’s body was taken to Andrews Mortuary, 1617 Market Street, Wilmington NC 28401.
- Brandon’s autopsy was performed at Onslow Memorial Hospital, 317 Western Blvd., Jacksonville, NC 28546.
- Brandon lived with his fiancee’ Eliza Hutton at 1905 Benedict Canyon Drive, Beverly Hills CA 90210 at the time of his death.
Eliza grew up in Independence MO at 5366 S. Downey Court, Independence MO 64055.
- Shannon Lee was born April 19, 1969 at Santa Monica General Hospital, Santa Monica CA.
Linda (Emery) Lee (Cadwell)
- Linda Emery was born March 21st, 1945 in Seattle, WA.
- Linda lived in this house at 2332 11th Avenue E., Seattle WA 98102 at the time she met Bruce.
- At age 36, Linda received her Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science from California State University, 401 Golden Shore, Long Beach CA 90802-4210.
- Today Linda lives in Boise, Idaho with her 3rd husband Bruce Cadwell.